Do you want to contribute to a clean energy transition? Do you care about looking further than
the financial value of a company or product? Are you passionate about the impact economy?
Do you want to discover the impacts of energy and infrastructure companies on the world,
ranging from economic, to environmental and social? Do you want to develop yourself in the
growing field of impact measurement and be part of an ambitious and driven organization?
We are currently looking for a motivated consultancy/analyst intern to join our Energy &
Water and Infrastructure (EWI) team to support our projects and products. The EWI team
focuses on the True Price of energy, the impact on biodiversity by energy, water and
infrastructure companies and many more groundbreaking topics. We want our work to be
transformative and work with organisations and individuals who are up for the challenge.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower
organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common
language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the
tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations –
multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk
management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn
more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.
- You work closely with energy, water and infrastructure team members on internal and
client projects with regular team check-ins. At the start, you will do supplementary analysis
under close supervision, as it involves client work. Soon you will get more responsibilities
and support throughout all phases of a project’s cycle.
- You will work on the True Price of Energy
- You support our consultancy projects by:
o Contributing to quantitative analyses on environmental, social and economic
benefits and costs based on primary and secondary data.
o Conducting economic and business analyses to formulate and assess projects that
companies can do to profitably improve their impact
o Working together with our data, software and research teams
- You perform research for our energy & utilities impact data solutions, e.g. to enrich our
impact estimates for several energy technologies, such as wind, solar and gas.
What do we offer?
- A dynamic, flexible and stimulating working environment with a professional and young
- A 6 month full-time internship
- Active coaching, regular training (onboarding, team training, consulting training, etc) and
- Access to a strong network (partner-organizations, board members)
- Actual responsibilities and the opportunity to have impact
- A compensation between €425 and €650 per month depending on your study progress and
commuting costs up to €275 per month, based on a fulltime internship
- Perspective on a job in case of excellent performance
- Functional work areas: Impact, Sustainability, Strategy, Economics, Environment, Life cycle
assessment and Finance.
- Additional benefits: Laptop, Travel expenses
You are looking for a hands-on professional experience in a stimulating environment, where you
will learn a lot and get the opportunity to work on projects that have an impact. You want an
internship at a social enterprise that works on the basis of solid analysis, sustainable innovation
and transparency. You are looking for an opportunity to learn about and contribute to a
cutting-edge field that meets a fast growing demand among private, public and non-
governmental sector organizations worldwide.
- Completed BSc degree, working towards a MSc degree or completed a MSc degree.
- Energy and/or sustainability and/or quantitative background (coursework in (sustainable)
energy, econometrics, statistics, mathematics, physics, information sciences, life cycle
assessment and/or industrial ecology)
- Affinity with sustainable development, business consulting, economics, social or
- Ability to work hard in a professional setting
- Ambitious person with a drive to improve the world
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver
- Ability to write in English at academic level.
Are you ready?
If you recognize yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending
your resume, cover letter and list of grades to email@example.com . We are looking for
an intern several moments throughout the year, starting this fall. The starting date can be
We prefer to have direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with
intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.