Note that this is a standard internship description. Depending on different factors, there may (not) be an opening for a new intern right now. Please check our website for the current availability.
Intern positions – Future Fuels and Capacity Development
SkyNRG is a scale-up that works at the forefront of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). For our headquarters in Amsterdam, we are looking for 2 interns to strengthen our team: one in the Future Fuels team and one in the Capacity Development team.
The Future Fuels team works with stakeholders across the world to develop new technologies to produce SAF. The team also initiates and executes the first development phase of new commercial SAF production facilities. If there proves to be an opportunity to develop a SAF production facility, the Capacity Development team takes over. A dedicated project team performs in-depth analyses, engages partners and other stakeholders and prepares the project for final engineering and construction.
If you are someone with a genuine interest in sustainability who likes to combine analytical skills with your entrepreneurial mindset, this could be your dream internship!
Start date: flexible
Preferred duration: 6 months, fulltime
Location: on-site (Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
Since 2009, SkyNRG has been building up SAF capacity and production for the industry to meet its 2050 net zero commitment. SkyNRG has supplied SAF to over 40 airlines across the world and is now developing dedicated SAF production facilities to support the transition from fossil jet fuel to sustainable aviation fuel. SkyNRG does not compromise when it comes to sustainability; we are a globally recognized Certified B Corp™, our operations are certified by the Roundtable on Sustainable Biomaterials (RSB), and we are advised by an independent Sustainability Board, as well as a worldwide NGO network to ensure we make the right sustainability decisions across all our operations.
In the Future Fuels team, we have 3 focus areas:
1. SAF capacity development: initiating and executing the first development phase of our own commercial-scale SAF production facilities
2. R&D: building and sharing knowledge to develop SAF technologies and concepts with our technology partners
3. Advisory: supporting key players in the aviation industry to navigate their transition to net-zero, through creating SAF strategies and building SAF knowledge
The Capacity Development team focuses purely on the subsequent development phases of commercial scale SAF production facilities. This includes more in-depth engineering, sustainability and financial analyses.
As an intern you will contribute to one or two projects in these focus areas by working closely with the team. Based on your interests and background, we will jointly determine the focus of your internship, including in which team you will perform your internship. Typical activities include:
• Conducting technical, financial or sustainability assessments on future SAF production facilities • Developing knowledge on promising SAF feedstocks and/or technologies
• Performing analyses to understand the potential of a certain region for SAF production • Supporting on business development for new opportunities
• Writing reports and composing presentations
As a growing company in a rapidly developing industry, we are looking for someone that likes to play an active role in building out our business and is not afraid of change. The ideal candidate for this internship: • Has a university background; just graduated or in the final phase of a Master’s degree with strong analytical focus, e.g. technical, science, environmental or economics
• Is entrepreneurial, independent, and persistent
• Has strong analytical and conceptual skills and is comfortable with technical topics • Is naturally curious and thrives on complex challenges
• Has strong affinity with sustainability
• Is fluent in English (both written and verbal)
• Enjoys a scale-up environment and has great social skills
• A unique working experience in a scale-up at the forefront of sustainable aviation • An inspiring international work environment in a fast growing and innovative industry • A full-time internship in the city centre of Amsterdam with a competitive salary • A great opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary, committed, and talented team • Access to our electric company boat, free lunches, gym, ping pong table and Friday drinks – all part of the deal!
Then please send your resume, internship requirements, and cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org*. Questions? Feel free to contact us!
* By emailing to careers@skyNRG.com, you give us permission to store and retain your name, email address, and CV for a maximum of one year.