About the Job
As a junior business developer at Withthegrid you are the forefront of the customer journey. Your responsibilities will encompass both with incoming requests from prospects and developing tailored solutions to existing or new customers.
Collaboration will be a key aspect of your role, as you will closely cooperate with the commercial team and the solution engineer team. This dynamic environment will provide ample opportunities for you to apply your problem-solving skills while fostering your creativity and embracing your ideas.
What you’ll do
- Client profiling and planning to generate clear plans for sales activity within the sector or territory.
- Execution and management of pro-active sales campaigns into the agreed sector, territory or client set, to generate meetings and sales opportunities to meet revenue targets
- Pro-active outbound communication (written & verbal) to book new business appointments with target organisations
- Sales revenue growth for withthegrid aligned to the company’s software Product. Working with various clients, prospects and partners to maximise revenue.
- Manage opportunities from inception to close and manage to deliver a compelling value proposition and win the business.
- Driving depth into customers through cross selling and up-selling activity, leveraging the full portfolio of available products.
- Preparation of accurate, timely and current reporting to the business development team. This will include using the CRM (Hubspot) for opportunity pipeline information, win planning and call plan activity.
- Management of CRM system including updating client-base contacts, leads and opportunities and pro-active communications where appropriate to maximise revenue stream per client.
- Periodic activity and results review to maximise business potential.
- To actively drive your self-development, working closely with the Business development manager to set personal objectives.
What we’re looking for?
- 0-2 years of sales experience (with a demonstrable track record of high performance) selling to energy and/or infra companies.
- Ideal position for a fresh graduate with energy background
- Ability and willingness to work with own initiative
- Ability to identify business needs, align solutions and quantify business benefits
- Ability to develop and execute clear opportunity plans spanning multiple stakeholders across complex organizations
- Ability and willingness to develop appropriate aligned sector industry knowledge
- Strong presentation skills, for meetings with multiple stakeholders
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in technology and a good understanding of the space
- Dutch speaker
How we work
At Withthegrid, our fast-growing team operates in close collaboration. We have offices in both Utrecht and Amsterdam, and we also provide remote work opportunities. Regardless of your location, we start each day at 9:00 am with a virtual standup. During this call, the entire team gathers to share their progress, ensuring everyone is up to date and ready to support one another if needed.
As a valuable team member, you will receive coaching from experienced professionals with a background in management consulting. Constructive feedback is an integral part of our commitment to help you grow and excel in your professional development.
Our work environment is built on trust, and we expect you to take ownership of your work and meet deadlines. We take pride in delivering high-quality work consistently and fostering a collaborative spirit of assistance among team members.
Moreover, we firmly believe that diversity fosters inclusivity and enhances performance. Therefore, we are actively seeking individuals who can introduce us to new cultures, perspectives, and innovative ways of thinking.
What we offer
- Competitive salary with an equity stake in the company (SAR)
- Good employee conditions (pension pay, vacation days, sick pay, bring-your-own device reimbursement, travel costs reimbursement)
- The opportunity to apply your skills to one of humanity’s most significant challenges
- A fun, inspiring, and challenging work environment
- A growing team led by experienced entrepreneurs and managers with a proven track record of supporting personal development.
Do you want to join our team then we’d love to hear from you!